Scrum Master Certified (SMC®)
Scrum Master Certified (SMC™) professionals are facilitators who ensure that the Scrum Team is provided with an environment conducive to complete the project successfully. The Scrum Master guides, facilitates, and teaches Scrum practices to everyone involved in the project; clears impediments for the team; and, ensures that Scrum practices are being followed. Successful candidates will be awarded the Scrum Master Certified (SMC™) certification by SCRUMstudy after passing the certification exam.
Who can take this Course?
This certification is appropriate for anyone who is interested in taking role of a Scrum Master.
Agile and Scrum Overview
- Agile Overview
- Agile Manifesto
- Agile Principles
- Agile Methods
- Scrum Overview
- Scrum Advantages
- Core Roles
- Non-core Roles
- Product Owner
- Scrum Master
- Scrum Team
Scrum Project Phases
- Plan and Estimate
- Review and Retrospect
- Inputs, Tools, and Outputs for each process in each phase
- Scalability of Scrum
- Scrum in Programs and Portfolios
- Scrum of Scrums (SoS) Meeting
- Transition to Scrum
- Mapping Traditional Roles to Scrum
- Maintaining Stakeholder Involvement
- Importance of Executive Support
Online Self-Paced Training: You can complete this course at your pace, whatever time suits you. But this training needs to be completed within 6 months after buying the course. We have online recorded video sessions and quizzes you can take at your convenience.
In case of any doubt, you can email your queries or call us. We will help you understand the topic and remove your doubt with 100% satisfaction to you.
Classroom Training: After walking through demo course if you feel it is difficult for you to understand concepts through online training you can call us for Classroom or Live Virtual Class (LVC). After discussion you make decision to register either for classroom or online training. You can register for the demo.
There is no formal prerequisite for this certification. However, it is preferable to complete the Scrum Developer Certified (SDC™) certification before applying for the Scrum Master certification.
- 16 PDU Certificate, which can be used by PMI-ACP and PMP credential holders to renew their certificate.
- Understand the true meaning of agile and how it helps in delivering business values at the earliest
- Understand responsibilities of the scrum master for the success of project.
- Understand in what situation Agile will not work and where agile is not required.
- Understand how to conduct scrum ceremonies
- Understand how development team estimate and plan a sprint.
- Understand how to scale agile team for big projects.
After completing the training you can book for an exam slot. It is a proctored online exam. Exam can be booked online and written from your workplace.
- Multiple Choice
- 100 questions per exam
- One mark awarded for every right answer
- No negative marks for wrong answers
- 120 minutes duration
Course Fees : $250
This includes training and exam fees.
For a group of more than 5 people we offer discounted price.
Price may change. Therefore please talk before making your mind to go for the course.
After passing the exam, this certificate needs to renewed every three years. To renew the certificate you need to appear for the recertification exam.
Recertification Exam Fee: $50
What is the complete process of earning this certification?
- Watch the Scrum Master Certified (SMC®) course demo
- Take admission to online class
- Download SBOK™
- Watch all the videos along with SBOK.
- Schedule the two-hour proctored exam.
- SCRUMstudy verifies the application; confirms the exam date & time.
- Take the two-hour proctored exam online.
- Pass the exam. 95% Guarantee.
When can I take this exam?
Anytime, post training. But before 6 months of course purchase.
Is this certificate valid for life long?
No. As with any professional certificate if you are not practicing for a longer period of time or not updating yourself will expire. You need to renew this certificate every 2 years. To renew your certificate you need to earn 40 RCU (recertification units).
A SCRUMstudy™ certificate should be renewed within three calendar years of its issue date. As the Scrum/Agile field is maturing, it is important for practitioners to be abreast of current and latest innovations in the field. For example, the current version of the SBOK™ Guide includes details on Scaling Scrum for Large Projects and Scaling Scrum for the Enterprise. Sections on improving the Scrum Guidance Body and Planning in Scrum have also been updated. Maintaining a certificate enables a student to demonstrate his/her commitment to continuing learning. It also demonstrates the student’s knowledge of Scrum/Agile to employers, peers and colleagues.
Recertification examination: A Recertification course is not as extensive as the Certification course and consists of only half the exam questions. A student can pass the Recertification exam with just a few hours of study. A student passing the Recertification exam implies that the student has reviewed the latest concepts from the SBOK™ Guide. As such, all previous certifications of the student get renewed for 3 years from the date of passing this certification exam.