Scrum Product Owner Certified (SPOC®)
Scrum Product Owner Certified (SPOC™) certification exam is designed to confirm applicants practical and working knowledge of Scrum that equips them to handle the business aspects and stakeholders in a Scrum environment.
Product Owner represents the interests of the stakeholders in the Scrum Team. Commonly called ‘the voice of the customer’, the Product Owner is responsible for ensuring clear communication of product or service functionality requirements. The Product Owner also prioritizes the requirements from the point of view of an end user, for maximum business benefit, defines the Acceptance Criteria, and ensuring those criteria are met.
Applicants will be awarded the Scrum Product Owner Certified (SPOC™) certificate by SCRUMstudy upon successfully passing the certification exam.
Who can take this Course?
This certification is for anyone who interfaces with stakeholders or works as a Product Owner in a Scrum Team.
Agile and Scrum Overview
- What is Agile?
- Why use Agile?
- The Agile Manifesto
- Principles of the Agile Manifesto
- Agile Methods
- Other Agile Methods
- Scrum Overview
- Scrum Summary
- Scrum Roles
- The Product Owner
- The Scrum Team
- The Scrum Master
- Advantages of Cross-functional Teams
Planning in Scrum
- Scrum Flow
- Requirements in Scrum
- Prioritizing the Product Backlog
- Adaptive Project Management
- Scrum Planning
- User Stories
- The Concept of Persona
- Acceptance Criteria
- Generic Done Criteria
- Criteria for a Good User Story
- Importance of Value
- Risk Burndown Graphics
- Scrum Board
- Sprints (from Product Owner’s point of view)
- Sprint Planning Meeting
- Planning Game
- Task Estimation
- The Sprint Backlog
Implementation of Scrum
- Daily Stand-up Meeting
- Sprint Review Meeting
- Sprint Retrospective Meeting
- Product Backlog Grooming
Scrum for Large Projects
- Scrum for Large Projects
- The Chief Product Owner
- Distributed teams in Scrum
- Transition to Scrum
- Mapping Traditional Roles to Scrum
- Maintaining Stakeholder Involvement
Online Self-Paced Training: You can complete this course at your pace, whatever time suits you. But this training needs to be completed within 6 months after buying the course. We have online recorded video sessions and quizzes you can take at your convenience.
In case of any doubt you can email your queries or call us we will help you getting the topic understand and remove your doubt with 100% satisfaction to you.
Classroom Training: After walking through demo course if you feel it is difficult for you to understand concepts through online training you can call us for Classroom or Live Virtual Class (LVC). After discussion you make decision to register either for classroom or online training. You can register for the demo.
There is no formal prerequisite for this certification. However, SDC™ or SMC™ Certified professionals will be able to understand easily the concepts required for this certification exam.
- 16 PDU Certificate, which can be used by PMI-ACP and PMP credential holders to renew their certificate.
- Understand the true meaning of agile and how it helps in delivering business values at the earliest
- Understand the responsibilities of the product owner for the success of a project.
- Understand in what situation Agile will not work and where agile is not required.
- Understand how to develop, refine user-stories and product backlog.
- Understand how the development team estimates and plans a sprint.
- Understand how to scale agile teams for big projects.
After completing the training you can book for an exam slot. It is a proctored online exam. Exam can be booked online and written from your workplace.
- Multiple Choice
- 140 questions per exam
- One mark awarded for every right answer
- No negative marks for wrong answers
- 180 minutes duration
[## Course Fee]
Course Fees : $300
This includes training and exam fees.
For a group of more than 5 people we offer discounted price.
*Price may change. Therefore please talk before making your mind to go for the course.
After passing the exam, this certificate needs to renewed every three years. To renew the certificate you need to appear for the recertification exam.
Recertification Exam Fee: $60
What is the complete process of earning this certification?
- Watch the ScrumStudy Product Owner (SPOC®)(https://dasarpai.com/demo/smc-demo-course/) User demo
- Take admission to online class
- Download SBOK™
- Watch all the videos along with SBOK.
- Schedule the three-hour proctored exam.
- SCRUMstudy verifies the application; confirms the exam date & time.
- Take the two-hour proctored exam online.
- Pass the exam. 95% Guarantee.
When can I take this exam?
Anytime, post training. But before 6 months of course purchase.
Is this certificate valid for life long?
No. As with any professional certificate if you are not practicing for a longer period of time or not updating yourself will expire. You need to renew this certificate every 2 years. To renew your certificate you need to earn 40 RCU (recertification units).
A SCRUMstudy™ certificate should be renewed within three calendar years of its issue date. As the Scrum/Agile field is maturing, it is important for practitioners to be abreast of current and latest innovations in the field. For example, the current version of the SBOK™ Guide includes details on Scaling Scrum for Large Projects and Scaling Scrum for the Enterprise. Sections on improving the Scrum Guidance Body and Planning in Scrum have also been updated. Maintaining a certificate enables a student to demonstrate his/her commitment to continuing learning. It also demonstrates the student’s knowledge of Scrum/Agile to employers, peers and colleagues.
Recertification examination: A Recertification course is not as extensive as the Certification course and consists of only half the exam questions. A student can pass the Recertification exam with just a few hours of study. A student passing the Recertification exam implies that the student has reviewed the latest concepts from the SBOK™ Guide. As such, all previous certifications of the student get renewed for 3 years from the date of passing this certification exam.