Decision-making tool & technique is used for prioritization/ranking of actions/ requirements/ alternatives etc. This tool and technique is used in the following processes of PMBOK6.
- Monitor and Control Project Work
- Perform Integrated Change Control
- Collect Requirements
- Define Scope
- Validate Scope
- Estimate Activity Durations
- Estimate Costs
- Plan Quality Management
- Manage Quality
- Acquire Resources
- Plan Risk Responses
- Plan Stakeholder Engagement
- Monitor Stakeholder Engagement
Primarily there are two main techniques of making decision.